New Bedford Municipal Website Receives Award
The City of New Bedford's website is now award-winning.
The Massachusetts Municipal Association presented the City with the 2015 Municipal Website Award, recognizing the site as one that displays excellence in customer service, functionality, convenience, and government transparency.
The award program employs nine evaluation criteria:
- Clear branding as the official municipal site
- Intuitive navigation tools and organization of material
- Robust search function
- Timely information
- Availability of public records
- Functionality, interactivity and convenience
- Information about departments (e.g., key personnel, contact information, office hours, and department mission or purpose)
- City/town hall address and hours
- Visual appeal and overall experience
The redesigned City website was unveiled in 2014.