New Bedford Man Dead of Apparent Overdose
NEW BEDFORD — A New Bedford man is dead after apparently overdosing on drugs.
The Bristol County District Attorney's Office says the 39-year-old man was found by his girlfriend in the kitchen of his Yale Street home at around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday. The man was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital where he died.
A spokesman for the Bristol County D.A.'s Office says a syringe and a corner plastic baggie containing a white powdery substance were found near the victim in the kitchen.
The State Medical Examiner's Office is performing a toxicology on the man to determine the exact cause of death.