TAUNTON — A man has died after being electrocuted while removing an antenna from a building in Taunton in an accident on Thursday morning.

The State Fire Marshal's Office and Taunton police and fire departments noted in a joint release that a preliminary investigation showed the accidental electrical event claimed the man's life and ignited a fire at a Danforth Street apartment building.

The victim's identity has not been released pending formal identification by the Chief Medical Examiner's office and full notification of his next of kin.

WBSM-AM/AM 1420 logo
Get our free mobile app

Officials said investigators believe the man was removing an antenna from a three-story building on Danforth Street in Taunton at around 7:30 a.m. Thursday.

At some point, the release stated, the antenna made contact with a nearby power line, fatally injuring the man and igniting the outside of the building.

Taunton firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the fire, according to the release.

No other injuries were reported.

Taunton police and fire are investigating in conjunction with State Police assigned to the offices of the State Fire Marshal and Bristol County District Attorney.

No further information was disclosed.

Taunton's Silver City Galleria Demolition

Taunton's Silver City Galleria is being demolished, but through this drone video and these photos, we get to have one last look before we say goodbye. 

Taunton Couple Has The "Goat" of Pizza

A Taunton couple has been hard at work making what they think is the South Shore's best-tasting pizza. They have pictures and recommendations that may prove they are on to something.

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420