Free Summer Concerts on New Bedford’s Waterfront
NEW BEDFORD — Mayor Jon Mitchell announced that the City will host the annual series of summer concerts on the New Bedford waterfront during July and August of this year. The Summer Sound Series will feature live musical entertainment on Pier 3 in Downtown New Bedford’s Seaport Cultural District. Residents and visitors will dance to live music, enjoy beverages available for purchase, and relax along New Bedford’s beautiful working waterfront.
Summer Sound Series will consist of seven waterfront concerts, weather permitting. The first concert of the series will be Friday, July 6 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Remaining concert dates, also Fridays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., are: July 13, July 20, July 27, August 3, and August 10. A rain date of August 17 is scheduled tentatively, should a concert be canceled.
“Our summer concerts have grown increasingly popular since we first launched them in 2013, attracting hundreds of area residents to the water’s edge on Friday evenings,” said Mayor Jon Mitchell. “The concerts are a great way to spend time with friends and family in downtown New Bedford, enjoy the dining and culture of our city, and enjoy great music for free. We invite everyone to the New Bedford waterfront for this year’s concert series.”
Free parking and shuttle service to City Pier 3 is available at Whale’s Tooth Parking Lot. Additional parking is available at Elm Street Garage within walking distance of City Pier 3.
The public is invited to bring their chairs and enjoy front row seating to performances by the following bands:
- Friday, July 6 - Front and Center (Top 40, R&B, Pop)
- Friday, July 13 - Flight of Fire (Energetic Rock)
- Friday, July 20 - Phunky Autokratz (Top 40's, Funk, Dance, R&B, Alternative)
- Friday, July 27 - Jah Spirit (African-Reggae, Calypso Jazz, Blues, Rock)
- Friday, August 3 - Funk Side Up (Pop, Funk, Rock)
- Friday, August 10 - Steppin Out featuring New Image (R&B, Soul, Funk, Dance)
- Friday, August 17- Rain Date
New Bedford Mayor's Office