Fall River’s Lizzie Borden House Hiring Paranormal Investigator for Ghost Hunts
It may only be August, but it’s always spooky season for some people. That’s why a recent job listing on Indeed caught our eye.
US Ghost Adventures is seeking an enthusiastic Ghost Hunter/Paranormal Investigator to conduct nightly ghost hunts for guests at the famous Lizzie Borden House in Fall River. If you have ever been on a ghost tour, you know that this role is vital to the entire experience.
According to the job listing, “candidates must have experience in paranormal investigation, as well as a proficient knowledge of ghost hunting equipment.”
The part-time position will pay between $15 and $25 per hour, and there is the possibility of making tips on top of that pay rate. This position will operate on the night shift on location at the Lizzie Borden House.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
- One to two years of experience in paranormal investigation required
- Experience in public speaking or guiding tours preferred
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Must be available to work weekends
- Excellent conversational skills with a knack for storytelling
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with improvisational skills
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of our facility and related topics.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of ghost hunting equipment.
- Qualified candidates must be skilled in both customer service and public speaking.
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
- Answer any questions that the guests have.
- Other duties as assigned
It is important to note that although this was once a bed and breakfast since 1996, the Lizzie Borden House is no longer operating with that service. You can still stay overnight, but breakfast is no longer included with the stay. Two new rooms have been added to the basement floor. Sleep with the ghosts for $300 per night.