Democrats Hold Americans Hostage with Wish List Stimulus [OPINION]
Selfish and irresponsible politicking by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) has badly tainted the COVID-19 stimulus plan.
Included in a disgusting money grab for the Democratic Party, they held up passing the stimulus plan intended to help those most affected by the coronavirus crisis for their completely unrelated wish list:
- $10,000 college student debt relief
- Eliminating the entire U.S. Postal Service debt
- Mandating that airlines reduce their carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050
- Forcing federal agencies to prove they are using more minority-owned banks
- Restrict colleges from requiring citizenship status (aka giving access to taxpayer-funded financial aid for illegal immigrants)
- Automatic increases in non-immigrant visas
- $35 million for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C.
- $1 billion for more discounted cell phone service ("Obamaphones") for low-income consumers
- Expansive new tax credits for wind and solar energy
- Increased collective bargaining and carve-outs for Big Labor
- Required same-day voter registration and early voting
- Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
- Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards
- A requirement for companies receiving assistance to impose a $15/hour minimum wage
- $1 billion “Cash for Clunkers”-style program where the government buys planes from airlines
- $1.5 million to study climate change mitigation efforts in the civil aviation and aerospace industries
- New OSHA requirements on hospitals
Clearly, this is time for non-partisan action to do what is right for Americans, and not a golden opportunity to play chicken between our well-being and their desire for federally-funded liberal crap.
Prioritizing the needs of illegal immigrants and forcing the will of her fellow "Climatologists" and all this other crap for another day – over keeping American families fed and more secure with some funds they can't earn at this time – is an unprecedented view into just how unstable and uncaring the leadership of the Democratic Party really is.
Pelosi and frankly all compliant Democrats have shown a sociopathic streak of madness here, and the voters should be enraged and ensure that every Democratic Congressional member is held to the fire over this.
Here is our representative's contact information:
MA 9th District Congressman William Keating's Office phone numbers:
Cape & Islands District Office: (508) 771-6868
SouthCoast District Office: (508) 999-6462
South Shore District Office: (508) 746-9000
Washington, DC Office: (202) 225-3111
Ken Pittman is the host of The Ken Pittman Show on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Contact him at ken.pittman@