Nearly 60 children were evacuated from a Fairhaven childcare facility Tuesday after a small fire was discovered.

Fairhaven Fire Public Information Officer Wayne Oliveira says in a statement the fire was contained to a small bathroom between classrooms at the Little People's College on Bridge Street.

Officials say the cause of the smokey fire was traced to a ceiling fan that had overheated. The fire was quickly extinguished.

Repairs are being assessed and will soon be carried out so normal operations can resume at the facility.

There were no reports of injuries during the fire.

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420