Mattapoisett Fire Dept.

Fire Causes $200,000 Damage
Fire Causes $200,000 Damage
Fire officials in Mattapoisett say a Wednesday morning fire at 87 County Road appeared to be caused by an electrical problem. Chief Andrew Murray says when firefighters arrived, there was fire seen coming from second floor windows.  He says the occupants of the single-family home all got out safely, and no injuries were reported...
Howland Rd. Business Fire
Howland Rd. Business Fire
A smokey fire late Monday afternoon Fairhaven kept firefighters busy for about 90 minutes. Smoke from the fire at 12 Howland Road could be seen miles away in neighboring New Bedford. Fire crews responded to Nye Lubricant-New Bedford Thread Company shortly after 3:30 and faced a wave of thick smoke, and an activated sprinkler system inside the building...