This Week’s Job Openings [Interview]
The Greater New Bedford Career Center joins us every Wednesday for the "Hot Jobs Report." Sharon Martin has this week's list:
- Office Assistant #4466095 - Looking for someone to help assist with a variety of different office duties. Primarily greeting customers, answering phones, assisting the scale office, data entry, purchasing office supplies and any other requests as necessary. Must have exceptional customer service skills. Proficiency in Microsoft office. Must have a minimum of 2 years office experience. Previous phone and cash handling experience a PLUS.
- Packaging Dept. Worker #4466020-Prepare products for packaging/ operating machinery for slicing and packaging/ pricing customer orders. Clean up at end of day. Must speak English and have a high school diploma or GED. Must be able to follow directions and work productively. Will train qualified candidate. If you are 18 years or older especially a college student looking for work, please apply!!!! No weekends - Monday through Friday.
- Child Care Worker (Parent Education) #4466178 -Must have a minimum of EEC Teacher certification and two years’ experience working with children and families in an early childhood setting. Must have current driver’s license and own transportation. Spanish speaking a plus. The Parent Educator will support parents in understanding that they are their child’s first teacher. They will model developmentally appropriate interactions for parents and children up to age 8; will be responsible for planning and running playgroups that follow MASS Early Learning Guidelines for Preschool, Infants, and Toddlers; conduct story walks; facilitate parent cafes; compile articles for the monthly family newsletter; coordinate and/or lead parent workshops and family literacy events. P.A.C.E. is an AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Deadline to apply: 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 11, 2014
- Carpenter/Craftsmen #4471857 - Local contractor is in need of a full time experienced Carpenter/Craftsmen. A valid Driver's license is required and must have transportation to main office and/or job site. Selected candidate should be familiar with home remodeling.
- Driver #3973129-Non CDL or CDL Truck Driver needed ASAP. You will also be working in the shipping & receiving department. Travel plant to plant along with travel to other parts of Massachusetts. You MUST be a team player. Overtime and weekends mandatory during the high peak season.. This is a temporary full time position that could lead to permanent.
- Dental Assistant #4471910-The Dental Clinic at Greater New Bedford Community Health Center is seeking a full-time Dental Assistant. The qualified candidate will have completed a formal education program in Dental Assisting, hold a dental radiology certification, and have at least one year of experience.
The preferred candidate will hold a national certification in Dental Assisting.
The successful candidate will have good communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills, good decision-making capabilities, and sensitivity to the needs of the client population.
Dental Radiology Certification required. Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Auto Body Technician #4479540 - Needs to know how to prep cars, repairs cars, able to take cars apart and replace. Must have your own tools and need to know how to use equipment. Experience is a MUST
- Auto Body Painter #4479542 -Need to know how to use the paint gun, clean them and use proper paint codes. Need to how to match cars properly with the paint. Need to know how to use the paint booth. Also, must have knowledge in body work. Experience is a MUST
You can hear the report here.