This Week’s Hot Jobs Report
Sharon Martin from the Greater New Bedford Career Center was on with us again this morning for the weekly “Hot Jobs Report.” Here are some of the jobs she mentioned.
- Driver #4099453 – Driver with mechanical and/or sales background needed. CDL not required. Commission based salary determined by revenue. Full and part-time positions; all shifts available. Must be able to obtain DOT card. Subject to background and CORI check.
- Admininstrator #4096562 -Looking for full time office administrator with computer skills. Proficient in MS office. Quickbooks a plus. Duties include, A/P, A/R, and payroll. Dispatching experience welcomed.
- Librarian III (Head of Branch Services) #4099585 -FUNCTION: Plans and administers the activities of a branch library according to New Bedford Free Public Library policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Directs and supervises the activities and operation of a branch library, which includes branch routines and building maintenance in the system of a main library, four branch libraries, and bookmobile. The main library is a regional reference center.
- Emergency Telecommunications Dispatcher #4099573 -RESPONSIBILITIES: Receive and process calls for assistance from various sources. Establish effective communication with the person(s) requesting assistance using the appropriate hardware identifying the information necessary for dispatching an effective emergency response.
Performs the duties of Emergency Telecommunications Dispatcher and its related work as assigned by the Chief.
EXPERIENCE: One to three years’ experience in: general office procedures, dealing with the public, computer knowledge, public safety, beneficial but not necessary.
- Kitchen Worker #4099556 – Various duties in sausage processing kitchen. Grind meat, work on sausage table (sorting and hanging), clean up at end of day. Must be able to occasionally lift 60 lb boxes, follow directions and work at a steady pace. Entry level position. Prefer someone with food industry background but will train. Must be fluent in English.
- Merchandise Control Manager #4110333 – Primary job responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
Act as a responsible and innovative catalyst for change. Role model and reinforces corporate values on a consistent and constant basis.
Acts with the highest level of integrity and honesty at all times and when in conflict, hold the customer’s interests above all others.
Assists to ensure that, and through direct and indirect business activities, the Company adheres to all laws and regulations that govern its business operations, that a safe and pleasant work environment is maintained, and that the Company stands as a good corporate citizen in the communities in which it does business.
Manages all office activities in accordance with current company policies and guidelines.
Specific duties would be all functions of the stockroom, which are managing personnel, maintains high quality of work, efficiency in order fulfillment, adherence to given budgets, accuracy in inventory management, maintains good housekeeping practices and prepares personnel cross-training and succession planning.
Four-year college degree of equivalent in experience, courses in accounting, inventory management, and computers.
Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Software
Knowledge of production planning, maintenance or warehouse operations would be a plus but not required.
Must have Leadership skills and Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Painters & Power Washers #4110430 -Experienced painter and power washer. Interior and exterior, commercial and residential properties. Must have transportation and painters bag of tools. If you have some experience in exterior or interior painter and are loyal and hardworking, this company will work with you. Company has been in business since 1985.
Spanish speaking encouraged to apply.
- Career Advisors #4096595 -New Directions Southcoast, lead operator of the Greater New Bedford Career Center is seeking two skilled full-time Career Advisors to provide career counseling, intensive job search assistance and training/re-training assistance to unemployed and under-employed job seekers eligible under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Candidates must be able to provide positive, outstanding customer service.
* Orientates customers to services under the WIA program and other Career Center services in both group settings and individually.
* Assists customers with their career planning and career decision-making process.
* Assesses customer’s employment and training needs.
* Assists customers in identifying and addressing barriers to employment, and refers customers to intensive and training services within the one-stop system as appropriate, or to community resources as necessary.
* Assists WIA customers with their enrollment and participation in post-secondary educational opportunities.
* Enters all relevant data (enrollment, case management notes, job placement data, follow-up information, etc.) into computer tracking system. Performs necessary documentation, paperwork and record keeping.
* Prepares customers for their job search by assisting them with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews
* Provides job development and appropriate job referrals to WIA customers and conducts follow-up services with customers regarding their job search.
* Conducts employer contacts regularly to learn about local businesses and employer needs and to refer customers qualified in consistence with their training.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Previous experience in case management and/or job development, and or related experience
* Bilingual Preferred