The Full List Of Suspended Biogenesis Client MLB Players [UPDATE]
We were all awaiting the big announcement from Major League Baseball telling us how long players associated with the latest PED scandal will be suspended for, we now have a list of the players who have accepted suspensions.
Update 3:50pm - Major League Baseball has spoken, and Alex Rodriguez will be suspended for 211 games. A-Rod is expected to be back on the field for the Yankees in Chicago, and is allowed to play while he appeals his case. The question is, how far will the appeal get him?
According to Deadspin, while the fate of Alex Rodriguez is looming, it is likely that he will be handed a lengthy suspension. When the announcement will come, that remains to be seen.
The MLB was supposed to let everyone know at noon today, but the announcement has yet to come. However, we do have a list of players who have allegedly accepted 50 game suspensions from the MLB.
- Nelson Cruz (Texas Rangers)
- Everth Cabrera (San Diego Padres)
- Jhonny Peralta (Detroit Tigers)
- Jesus Montero (Seattle Mariners)
- Francisco Cervelli (New York Yankees)
- Cesar Puello (Minor Leagues, Mets)
- Jordany Valdespin (New York Mets)
- Antonio Bastardo (Philadelphia Phillies)
- Fautino De Los Santos (Minor Leagues, Free Agent)
- Fernando Martinez (Minor LEagues, Yankees)
- Jordan Norberto (Minor League, Free Agent)
Now that these names have been outed, several other players have escaped further suspensions. Ryan Braun already accepted a 65-game suspension, and Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon and Yasmani Grandal won't face any more suspension, having already served 50 games.
Both Gio Gonzalez of Washington and Danny Valencia from Baltimore have been cleared by the MLB investigation.
We still await final word from Major League Baseball, and the fate of one of the games biggest names and stars, Alex Rodriguez.