Stuff the Bus Returns to the Southcoast
Team up with Fun 107, WBSM, and United Way of Greater New Bedford, to bring school supplies and backpacks to local children in need! Here's what you need to know about helping out.
What is Stuff the Bus?
Stuff the Bus benefits local children in need of school supplies for the upcoming school year. Once all the supplies have been collected from various supply drop-off locations, the United Way of Greater New Bedford will help to distribute them to local children who otherwise may not be ready for their first day of school.
Who Gets the Supplies?
In the Southcoast alone, there are over 35,000 children who live in poverty. This coming school year, 1 in 4 children on the Southcoast will have to go to school without the necessary supplies needed to set them up for a successful school year. That's where YOU can help!
What Should I Donate?
- Writing utensils: pencils, highlighters
- Paper products: spiral notebooks, post-it notes, folders
- Carrying cases: pencil boxes, backpacks
- Miscellaneous school supplies: rulers, binders, calculators
Drop Off Sites Include:
- Southcoast Urgent Care Center, inside Wareham Crossing
- Stop & Shop: Kings Highway, New Bedford
- Fisher College, 777 Church Street, New Bedford
- BayCoast Bank (multiple locations)
- Yesteryear Cyclery: 330 Hathaway Road, New Bedford
- Diane Lopes' Income Tax, Nash Road, New Bedford
- Big Value Outlet, Dartmouth Street, Dartmouth
- First Citizens' Federal Credit Union
Stuff the Bus is brought to you by Townsquare Media, Wareham Crossing, First Citizens Federal Credit Union, BayCoast Bank, Big Value Outlet, Yesteryear Cyclery, Diane Lopes Income Tax Services, Fisher College and the United Way of Greater New Bedford.