Spicy Chicken Tacos With Mango-Avocado Salsa [RECIPE]
Do you like your spice to be tempered with sweet?Many professional cooks will tell you it is a good idea to have something sweet offset a spicy flavor. I agree. I love to see what concoctions I whip up in the kitchen. Take for instance tacos. My husband loves Mexican food. If I prepared a different Mexican dish every day for dinner, he would be one extremely happy man.
Therefore, I prepared Spicy Chicken Tacos with a Mango-Avocado Salsa for dinner over the weekend. My husband loved them! However, I experimented with a few things in this recipe. As my husband would say,”When do you ever follow a recipe?” Prepare for your hunger to be satisfied and enjoy!
Spicy Chicken Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. chicken strips or tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced peeled mango
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1 chopped medium roma tomato
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 of a fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper minced
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to the bag and place in refrigerator for an hour. Combine mango, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Set aside for about an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add oil. Add chicken and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes on each side depending on your oven. Remove chicken from the pan and let cool to redistribute the juices. Cut chicken into smaller pieces or slices if you desire.
- Place one corn tortilla at a time on the burner and slightly blacken both sides. This adds even more flavor to your tacos. Once all tortillas are blackened, wrap them with a clean kitchen towel and place them on a plate to keep warm.
- To serve, add chicken and salsa to the tortilla. Enjoy!