Contact Us
Make My Homepage

Proposed Dartmouth Dog Park Goes To Town Meeting

Greg Desrosiers/TSM

South Coast dogs may soon have something new to wag their tails about.

The Dartmouth Dog Advisory Work Group presented the Dartmouth Select Board with their dog park proposal last night.

The proposed 7,600 sq. ft. park would provide a safe and fun place for dogs to run free and interact with other dogs.

Select Board Chairman Mike Watson supports the proposal and says it’ll be great for the community.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

DDAWG vice president Diane Camacho told the board that an unnamed private foundation has agreed to pay 90% of the project costs if the town committs to the remaining 10%.

The estimated cost for the park is $250,000, but the town is only responsible for $36,700.

Dogs from surrounding communities will be allowed to access the park, but all dogs and owners must register with DDAWG and will have a key card to open the park entrance.

Town meeting members will vote on the funding at the June 3rd town meeting. If funding is approved, DDAWG hopes construction will begin late this summer.

More From WBSM

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wbsm.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WBSM - New Bedford's Local Source For News, Talk, and Sports! quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on WBSM - New Bedford's Local Source For News, Talk, and Sports! quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!