New Bedford North End Fire Quickly Put Out
New Bedford Firefighters made relatively quick work of a fire in a north end three family home at 136 Nye Street. The fire was called in at 9:45 Monday night when a child playing with a candle in a second floor apartment caused the fire which was confined to that second floor apartment.
It took firefighters 15 minutes to dowse the fire and the inhabitants of the first and third floors were able to return to their homes while the second floor residents of 2 adults and 2 children were being taken care of by the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.