New Bedford Man Suffers Fatal Overdose
NEW BEDFORD — A 36-year-old New Bedford resident suffered a fatal overdose at his home Tuesday night.
The Bristol County District Attorney's Office confirms to WBSM News that the man passed away from an apparent heroin overdose in his bedroom at his Upton Street residence. A hypodermic needle was found next to his body.
According to a spokesman for the DA's office, the victim was found by his parents, and had a long history of battling heroin addiction.
Toxicology reports are pending.