Natural Ways to Kill Spiders
It's that time of the year again! With summer comes warm weather, vacation days, and pests. Instead of swatting flies or crushing spiders, here are some natural ways to kill pests and keep them from returning!
- Vinegar- Although harmless to humans, the acetic acid in vinegar is highly volatile to spiders. Mix a solution of 1 part vinegar and 1 part water. Spray on spider.
- Natural Scented Oils- Oils like eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, and rose oil not only effectively kill spiders and bugs, they prevent them from returning! An aromatic house is also a plus.
- Baking Soda- Bugs and spiders can't stand the smell! Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet around spiders nest/web.
- Yeast Paste- Yeast emits yet another smell that spiders can't stand! Mix yeast with water and leave paste where spiders frequent.
- Tumeric- Although not very effective for spiders, tumeric paste (powdered tumeric and water) quickly kills ants and flies. Without these creepy crawlies, spiders will lose their food source and starve!