Looking For A Job? Here’s The Weekly List [Interview]
Wednesday brings the Hot Jobs Report on WBSM. We have openings at the Sheriff’s Department for a Maintenance Engineer, a part time watch person for the City of New Bedford, openings for experienced painters and a truck driver for a local seafood company.
Here’s the list:
- Maintenance Engineer/Journeyman #4548480-GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAY TO DAY OPERATION OF THE PLUMBING SECTION, OF THE MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT. MUST HAVE AT LEAST (5) YEARS EXPERIENCE IN COMMERCIAL PLUMBING
A JOURNEYMAN SPRINKLER FITTER LICENSE IS PREFERRED. MUST HAVE A STATE JOURNEYMAN’S LICENSE
MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM REPAIRS AND UPGRADE ALL PLUMBING SYSTEMS.
- Watchperson (part-time) #4549480-Shift: 11:30 p.m. Saturday to 7:30 a.m. Sunday
Provides security to eliminate thefts or vandalism to vehicles and property, and performs janitorial duties.
Guards against fire, theft, vandalism and unlawful entry at assigned areas and buildings; checks locks to see that they are secure; maintains order in a given area; reports situations to police that cannot be handled immediately. Checks validity of individuals’ credentials; patrols buildings and grounds looking for foreign objects, missing or inoperable lights. Checks gates, doors, exhibit fences inside perimeter; patrols parking lot. May perform other duties such as checking boilers, regulating heat. Maintains and cleans buildings, offices and restrooms to ensure that these are kept clean and orderly.
Possession of a valid Massachusetts driver’s license with a good driving record. Must have a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, mandatory by MGL Chapter 6 Sec. 172C.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement
- MFG End of Line Inspector #4548477- Visual Inspection of Rubber goods off of the manufacturing line. Able to understand basic specifications and requirements in order to perform inspection of product. Computer skills preferred.
- Mental Health Clinician #4548490 –Demonstrated awareness of strength-based sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity. Work collaboratively in diverse multidisciplinary settings on behalf of children, youth, and families and/or the agency. Demonstrated understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of ones training and discipline. Demonstrated understanding of diagnostic evaluation methods, mental status exams, and use of the DSM-V.
Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of children, youth, and families, including occasional evenings and weekends. Strong organizational and time management skills. Experience with supervising licensed staff and providing clinical supervision. Ability to provide training, orientation, consultation and guidance within clinical specialization of practice. Demonstrated supervision capabilities in similarly complex environment.
Experience with reporting on government contracts.
M.S.W. or M.A. /M.S. in a relevant field. Two years of post-masters supervised clinical experience in multidisciplinary mental health setting working with diverse, vulnerable populations. (One year of supervised clinical work in an organized graduate internship program may be substituted for each year of full-time experience). LICSW, LMSW, LISW, or other license approved by DCF for purchased counseling.
US citizenship or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. Good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal driving violations in the last seven years.
6. Experienced Painters #4558781 – Tangerine Paint is in need of experienced painters. Must have at least a minimum of 2 years experience. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Knowledge of spraying a plus. English Fluency required. Valid Driver’s License and transportation a MUST! Selected candidate must have the ability to lift 25 plus pounds and able to climb ladders.
7. Maintenance Mechanic #4558818 – To qualify, you must have experience in the following areas:
Repair of production machinery in a fast paced environment including observing and testing the operation of machinery and equipment. Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions and off quality problems. Ability to complete disassembly of production and manufacturing equipment in order to remove parts and make repairs with on assistance.
Experience and/or proficiency with repairing, installing, and rebuilding mechanical equipment in area of responsibility, including but not limited to;
Mechanical know-how and experience with power transmission components such as gears, belts, pulleys, chains, bearings, cylinders, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. Understanding of mechanical principles and a solid mechanical aptitude.
Ability to read blueprints, equipment drawings, OEM operating and maintenance manuals, and apply the information to diagnosing, troubleshooting, installing, and specifying needed repair parts for production equipment and machinery.
Experience in the use of general shop equipment such as drill press, grinder, power saws, cut-all, hammer drill, arbor press, milling machine, lathes and basic machine shop practices.
Must possess the basic understanding of the principles of electricity and be capable of using electrical test equipment such as DMM’s.
Basic welding such as mig, tig and acetylene oxygen cutting. Basic plumbing and gas fitting tasks
High School Diploma or GED required and 5 years similar experience required. Vocational/Technical training preferred. Must read and write English fluently. Ability to work overtime. Must have own tools.
8. Truck Driver #4572499 – Reputable seafood company looking for a CDL Class B Driver or if you have experience in driving a box truck employer is willing to train you. MUST be dedicated, hard working and willing to learn. You will be driving from New Bedford to South Boston and Logan Airport on a daily business.
9. Forklift Associate/Material Handler #4568246 -Scan and pick cartons. Load/unload trucks. Lifting required up to 60lbs. May work at heights up to 24″. Must be available for Saturday work and overtime as needed. Must be able to operate scanner and basic computer skills. Positions available on 1st and 2nd shifts.
You can hear the report from Sharon Martins here.