UPDATE:  The trial of accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev is set to begin next Wednesday. A court official said that opening statements will take place in Boston on March 4th. Tsarnaev is charged with killing three people and injuring 264 others in the April 15th, 2013 attack. If convicted, the 21-year-old faces the possibility of the death penalty.

(Earlier story)

Eight more prospective jurors for the trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have been questioned and the judge says the case is getting closer to the start of testimony.

It was not immediately clear Wednesday if more prospective jurors would be questioned or if enough had been qualified to move on to the next phase of jury selection, in which lawyers on both sides are allowed challenges. Tsarnaev could face the death penalty if convicted in the April 2013 bombing.

One potential juror said Wednesday that he had been steadfastly opposed to the death penalty but that his views changed somewhat after the December 2012 massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, which he said occurred within weeks of him becoming a father.