Job Openings For This Week
Every Wednesday we have the “Hot Jobs Report” on WBSM. Sharon Martin joins us from the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 8:38 a.m.
This week there are jobs for a full-time chef, a sewing machine operator, receptionist and more. You can check out the list, or listen to the report.
- Chef/Cook #4237056 – Breakfast, lunch and dinner – Full Time – experience is a MUST.
- Sewing Machine Operator #4243520 - Operates sewing machines to attach a “Velour Panel” to border material
*1. Using both hands, carefully positions all materials for attachment of velour to border.
*2. Operates sewing machines using foot lever and hand controls.
*3. Pushes aside finished covers.
*4. Re-threads sewing machines and replaces needles as needed.
*5. Stands up and pushes aside empty cart, and returns with a full cart of borders or panels.
*7. Performs all duties according to established safety and efficiency procedures. Maintains workstation in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Performs minor maintenance on machines as needed.
8. Sorts, folds and stacks covers, borders or panels as needed, weight approx 10 lbs.
9. Sorts covers and performs other jobs in the sewing area as requested.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
*Essential Functions: Must be 21 and have 1 year experience and a high school education.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE A. REQUIRED:
1. Basic ability to read, write and understand English
2. Basic ability to read/use a ruler, add/subtract and calculate fractions
3. Must be at least 18 years of age
- Receptionist #4243510 - This position is part time to possible full time.
Stephen and Company is a Full Service Salon & Spa located in Dartmouth. We are seeking an experienced professional to fill the position at our busy Front Desk. The person we are looking for should be friendly, personable, motivated and displays a high level of professionalism. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and attend all meetings and training sessions as required. We offer competitive pay, continuing education and a flexible schedule. Our staff work as a team to make the Stephen and Company experience second to none-welcoming each client to a comfortable, clean environment, performing outstanding services and making clients aware of the service upgrades and retail products that may be of interest to them. Exceptional Customer Service Skills is a MUST!!
- City Clerk #4139226 -The New Bedford City Council seeks qualified applicants for the position of City Clerk to fill the vacancy created by the retiring City Clerk.FUNCTION: The City Clerk shall have such powers and perform such duties as the City Council may prescribe in addition to such duties as may be prescribed by law. The City Clerk shall be the Clerk of the City Council, and shall keep the records of the meetings of the Council.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE ANE EXPERIENCE: Duties require knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, bylaws and regulations, recordkeeping and automated systems, budgeting and management equivalent to four years of college in public or business administration; working knowledge of the principles and practices of modern public administration; extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of modern records management techniques, including legal requirements for recording, retention and disclosure; ability to accurately record and maintain records; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, officials and the public; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to plan, organize and supervise clerical workers and assigned staff.
Position requires five years of experience in management and supervision, preferably in a public sector function; as public official, responsibilities are subject to Federal, State and local laws, regulations and bylaws and to financial authorization of the City
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be bondable; valid Massachusetts driver’s license or ability to obtain one; notary public certification within six months of appointment. Subject to CORI background check. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement.
- Concrete Form Workers #4243527 -Experienced Concrete form workers needed, Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced form or rapid form work. Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Applicant must be fluent in English.
- Motor Coach Operator #4243553 - DATTCO is currently accepting resumes for our Fairhaven/Randolph MA locations. DATTCO operates buses interstate out of Boston MA, Burlington VT, Hartford and New Haven CT, Providence RI, and NYC NY. The ideal candidate will hold a valid CDL A or B with Passenger and S Endorsement. School bus or motor coach experience preferred. Competitive wages and benefits. Please email your resume. .
- Kitchen Help #4252913 -Kitchen help needed for local restaurant. Experienced preferred. Work schedule will vary between the hours of 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM – to be discussed at interview. Responsibilities include but not limited to prep cook, line cook and sandwich making.
- Mechanic/Technician #4252933 – Local Auto Towing and Repair company is in need of two full time mechanics. Experienced required. Certifications preferred and Electro Mechanic helpful. Salary is based on experience. Background check. Work Schedule is Monday – Friday 8-5 and Saturday 8-1.