Job Openings For This Week [Interview]
This week’s Hot Jobs Report features openings at a local day care center that is hiring a teacher, we also have openings for a butcher and a Customer Service Rep and Carousel Skating in Fairhaven has a few part-time openings.
Here’s the list:
- Early Childhood Educator/Teacher #4524007 – Early Childhood teacher with Associates Degree or EEC (Dept. of Early Education and Care) Certified.
- Customer Service Rep/Order Entry #4516663 - Accurate order entry taken by phone, fax or email from repeat customers, including updating customer information in system; Resolution of customer issues over the telephone including billing inquiries, customer complaints and sales opportunities; respond to customer correspondence and inquiries via email, fax and phone in an appropriate and timely manner; promote sales when opportunity arises. Must be able to work calmly with patience and courtesy in customer relations, strong organizational skills, and proven history of accuracy and attention to detail. MUST have exceptional customer service skills and a team player. 1-2 years’ experience. Minimal-High School Diploma; College preferred.
Proficient in MS Office. Proficiency in English language-reading, writing and speaking; excellent basic mathematics; keyboard and PC skills.
- Butcher #4524121 - New Restaurant, butcher shop & deli opening up soon. Experienced meat cutter needed. Must have knowledge of meat, different cuts and how to cut the meat along with using butcher/meat cutter equipment.
- Distribution Packer #4516657 -Under direction of senior shippers, packer prepares a variety of finished items for shipment to customers according to standard procedures and special customer specifications. Prior to packing product a final inspection is conducted to assure consistency of colors and accuracy of labels. Must use computer system to produce custom labels, then label and package products as required for shipping. Some heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. required. Use of hand trucks, carts, pallet jacks. Must be proficient in basic math and be able to read and write in English. Some experience in the packing and shipping area is desired.
- Party Host (Part-Time) #4524029 -This is a part time position that can go anywhere from 10-15 hours per week and you must be available on weekends and some weekday evening hours. Must have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with children.
- Cashier/Snack Person (Part-Time) #4524032 – This position goes from 10 to 15 hours per week. You must be flexible for days, nights and weekends. Greater customer service skills and work well with children. Some cashier experience helpful.
- Floor Guard/Supervisor #4524037 - Must have roller skating ability with excellent social qualities as you will be working with children and families who are looking a clean, healthy fun environment suitable for all ages. Hours are 10 to 15 per week, flexible with days, nights and weekends.
- Sign Installer #4511852 - Poyant Signs is seeking an sign installer. If you are motivated take pride in your work, we need you. Work with a well-established company with a reputation for quality workmanship and great customer service since1938. Qualifications Required: Sign experience is preferred and the ability to work at various heights. CDL license, knowledge of electrical wiring, metal fabrication and welding a plus. Must be willing to travel when needed. Out of town and overnights required depending on location. Good driving record, pre-employment drug screening and background check required. Benefits include health, dental, 401K and vacation. Competitive salary based on experience. To learn more about our company visit us at www.poyantsigns.com. High School Diploma Required or GED
- Assistant City Planner #4490407 -Performs a variety of routine and complex technical and professional work in the current and/or long-range planning of the City, and the development and implementation of land use and related policies and regulations. Conducts technical research studies and prepares statistical reports and recommendations for drafting or revising local legislation and plans, projecting trends, monitoring socio-economic data, etc. Evaluates land use proposals for conformity to established plans and ordinances; evaluates proposals’ development impact as they relate to the adopted plans of the City and makes recommendations.
Provides staff support to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historical Commission, and other Boards/Commissions as needed and assigned. Prepares planning reports and supporting data, including recommendations or various land use proposals. Prepares and writes grant application components relating to land use, parks and recreation, open space, zoning, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in urban or regional planning, architecture, urban design, geography or a related field. Three years of progressive experience in municipal or State government preferred; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Internships and/or additional education may substitute for work experience. Training and experience in GIS or CAD systems preferred.
- Code Enforcement Inspector #4516681 - Minimizes environmental health and sanitation problems, and continues to decrease the rodent and vermin population within the community through law enforcement and education.
Conducts inspections, investigations and communication/outreach activities throughout the City to ensure compliance with State Sanitary Codes and numerous other State and local regulations.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent. Good verbal and written communication skills. Valid Massachusetts driver’s license or ability to obtain one at the time of appointment. Mandatory CORI (Criminal Offender Record Investigation) background check. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement.
And here’s the report from Sharon Martin at the Greater New Bedford Career Center.
Get more details by clicking here for the Career Center.