First Use Of Narcan Spray
New Bedford Police and Fire Dept. personell used the Narcan nasal spray for the first time to revive an overdose victim Saturday afternoon. They were called to a Hillman Street address where they found a man lying on the kitchen floor barely breathing and going into convulsions with a syringe next to him.
Fire Lt. Peter Clark administered the Narcan nasal spray to the victim and he immediately came out of his overdosing condition.
The unidentified man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital for evaulation.