Fall River Fire Causes two hundred thousand Dollars Damage
An electrical failure started a fire that heavily damaged a single family home at 173 Denver St. in Fall River Sunday evening. Fall River Fire Lt. William Powers tells the Herald News that a grounded outlet under the front porch at the home provided power to a pump and filter to a small fish pond in the yard and to exterior lights on timers and something failed.
The equipment was all destroyed so Powers says he could not determine which device actually started the fire. Smoke detectors alerted the owners, Gil Botelho and his wife. They escaped without injury. Fire officials estimated it would cost more than $200,000 to repair the home.