Cooking Fire Sends Four To Hospital
A cooking mishap resulted in four people being treated at St Llukes Hospital Monday afternoon, following a fire on County Street.
New Bedford firefighters responded to a fire in an apartment house at 868 County Street.
District Chief Scott Kruger says two teenage boys were cooking with oil when the flames ignited a kitchen cabinet....
The boys and their father suffered first degree burns and smoke inhalation. All three and another tenant were transported to St. Lukes Hospital for treatment.
Kruger says the apartment is uninhabitable, and the Red Cross is assisting with emergency housing. He estimated damage at around $15,000.