Contact Us
Make My Homepage

Construction Worker Injured In Walmart Rooftop Fire

Photo – Swansea Fire Dept.

Swansea Fire officials say a construction worker suffered serious burns to the arms, chest and face, after a fire broke out on the roof of a Walmart store where he was working. 

Chief Peter Burke says fire crews were called to the scene just before 10am, and used a “bucket truck” to lower the man to the ground. 

He was transported to Rhode Island Hospital by helicopter, but his condition is not known. 

Chief Burke says the fire broke out in portable generator being used on the roof.  The fire was quickly put out.  The Walmart store is under construction.

Best of WBSM

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wbsm.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for 1420 Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive 1420 Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.