Almost 2.5 Million Pounds Of Chicken Recalled By Tyson
Tyson Foods Inc. is recalling almost 2.5 million pounds of ready to eat chicken due to misbranding and undeclared allergens.
According to ABC 6, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) stated that the breaded chicken products could contain the unlisted allergen milk, which was not listed on the product label.
The ready to eat breaded chicken items were produced and packaged from Aug. 17, 2016 through Jan.14, 2017.
These are the following products that are part of the recall:
- 31.86-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, whole grain strip-shaped chicken patty fritters” with case code 003859-0928 and production dates of 09/09/2016, 10/05/2016, 10/14/2016, 10/15/2016, 11/09/2016, 12/10/2016, 12/30/2016 and 01/14/2017.
- 31.05-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, whole grain chicken pattie fritters” with case code 003857-0928 and production dates of 11/12/2016.
- 30.6-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, whole grain breaded chicken patties” with case code 016477-0928 and production dates of 09/10/2016, 09/16/2016, 09/23/2016, 09/30/2016 and 10/06/2016.
- 30.6-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, whole grain chunk-shaped breaded chicken patties” with case code 016478-0928 and production dates of 09/16/2016, 09/28/2016 and 10/06/2016.
- 20.0-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, breaded chicken patties” with case code 005778-0928 and production dates of 09/14/2016, 09/19/2016 and 10/03/2016.
- 32.81-lb. bulk cases of “Tyson fully cooked, whole grain golden crispy chicken chunk fritters chunk-shaped chicken pattie fritters” with case code 070364-0928, packaging and production date of 08/17/2016.
- 20-lb bulk cases of “Spare Time, Fully Cooked Breaded Chicken Patties” with case code 005778-0861 and production date of 10/03/2016.
- 20-lb bulk cases of “Spare Time, Fully Cooked Chicken Pattie Fritters” with case code 016477-0861 and production date of 09/16/2016 and 10/06/2016.
The chicken products have the establishment number “P-1325″ inside the USDA mark of inspection, and have been served in schools nationwide.